Jan 20, 2019
Division: Mathematics, Engineering & Physical Sciences
Academic Dept: Electrical Technology
Curriculum Chair: Prof. Murray Haims
This program is only available to qualified Verizon employees.
The Telecommunications Technology program is designed to provide Verizon employees with the knowledge, theory and applications of modern telecommunications systems. It is important to have an understanding of the operating environment of embedded networking and communication capabilities. These include data, video, and voice communications between computer networks, protocols, devices and communication operating systems. This program emphasizes networking fundamentals utilizing the computing environment. As the telecommunications field evolves, the basics remain of vital importance to the industry. The program exposes the employee to the theory and practice behind these practices.
With the onset of emerging technologies, the need for employees who understand the basic principles of the complex technology is increasing at a steady rate. Upon successful completion of this course, the employee will understand the major communication concepts such as computer protocols, modulation techniques, waveform analysis, data compression, transmit/receive subsystems and communication components.
Program Requirements - Credit Hours: 61
- ENG 101 - Composition and Literature I
- ENG 102 - Composition and Literature II
- American Labor History and Culture - Credit Hours 3
- Technical Mathematical Applications I - Credit Hours 4
- Physics for Telecommunications - Credit Hours 4
- Technical Mathematical Applications II - Credit Hours 4
- Intro to Computer Science - Credit Hours 4
- Electrical Circuits - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications Electronics I - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications Electronics II - Credit Hours 4
- Digital Electronics for Telecommunications I - Credit Hours 4
- Digital Electronics for Telecommunications II - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications I: Voice Communications - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications II: Date Communications - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications III: LANS - Credit Hours 4
- Telecommunications IV: Advanced Topics - Credit Hours 4